Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Psalm 51:10 Bible Journal

"Create in me a pure heart,
O God, and renew a steadfast
spirit within me."
 Psalm 51:10
I'm finally getting back to my 'Seeing The Scriptures' class.  Here is my page for Lesson four.....
I used Polychromos colored pencils on my page, with a Micron .01 pen for my lettering.

This is another of those Psalms which has been put to music, and which we sing in church!  I love when I come across one of those in my Bible.

In this Psalm of David, he describes forgiveness as a cleansing and purifying.  He seeks God's purging and purifying grace.  He realizes that the weight of his sins has kept him from living in the joy of the Lord.  

I drew the old, beaten-down, torn, bandaged, sin-laden heart in my page, with the sparkling clean and shiny new heart to remind me that God is always ready to renew my spirit and cleanse my heart.  I only need to ask, and to acknowledge that I have sinned, repent, and ask for forgiveness.  I cannot cleanse my own heart by doing good deeds, or by sacrifices or almsgiving.  It is God Himself, and only God, who creates a pure heart. 

By His grace, I can walk in the joy of the Lord, and let His light shine from within my being.  

When my heart is right, everything else will fall into place. 

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Lynda, I love your Bible journaling and so love this Psalm. I have memorized a good portion of it and love reciting it aloud as a precious reminder of what God has done and continues to do in my heart. Yes, it is He alone Who forgives and makes us new and continues to transform us unto the image of Jesus, God’s Son. Amen! Thank you for sharing your art and your love for God, sweet friend and sister. Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete