Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Glorious Day!!


What a glorious day it was today!!  The weather was pretty rough yesterday, and forecasts are bad for tomorrow, but today the weather was sunny and pleasant (albeit a bit cold), and perfect for the drive to Buffalo.  Not only was the weather cooperative, but today was grand-baby Kennedy Grace's baptism.  The sunny day was a special smile from God as He watched this fresh, pure baby soul be baptized and dedicated to Him!

Proud big sister Keeley
Kennedy's big sister, six year old Keeley, greeted us at church.  As she ran to me, she excitedly said, "Nana, Nana!  They're going to pour water all over Kennedy, then we're going to get cake!"  Don't you just love children!  

There were three baptisms at the same time...quite a process.  That's after Mass, and blessing of marriages and renewal of marriage vows for the parish couples (World Marriage Day).  We all sure did get our "church" today!
Yes, there really IS a baby in all that dress!
Daddy and Kennedy Grace
















Although I complain about living so far from my daughter, Faith, her husband, Dan, and their two sweet girls, I realize how blessed I am.  Many of my friend's kids live many states away.  Mine is only an hour and a half away....but it's still too far.  We see them frequently, but it sure doesn't seem enough.  And dd is so good about calling frequently, and we Skype with Keeley, and the family.  But I miss them during the two weeks or so that go by without seeing them.  OK, I know...I said I shouldn't complain, and I am.  I will stop now.  

My favorite girls and son-in-law
My heart is full, and I feel so blessed.  Days like today are such a beautiful gift and a joy to celebrate. 
Forgive me, Father, for my whining.  And thank you, thank you, thank you for the gift of my loving family! And thank you for this day.  And forgive me for my whining...I know I am where I am supposed to be, and I don't mean to question You! I will trust Your plans for me, and I will be thankful, even when I miss my family.  It's these special times together that get me through!

This is the day the Lord has made, 
I will rejoice and be glad in it!
Blessings,
lynda 
 

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL FAMILY... ENJOY CLAIRE SPINA-KELLY

    ReplyDelete