Friday, June 3, 2011

Allow God To Interrupt!

My June calendar page on my Joyce Meyer Ministries calendar has a quote that I'd like to share:


"If you will make the decision that you don't mind being inconvenienced or interrupted, then God can use you.  You can make a difference in the world!"  by Joyce Meyer.


Wow!  That one really hit home.  I pray daily to be used by God, and have missed some opportunities because it simply wasn't "convenient."  I didn't take the time to call that friend, or stop to chat with an elderly neighbor, because I was in a hurry to get somewhere, and had so much to do.  Not that what I had to do wasn't important, or necessary.  But, in missing the chance to bring a little sunlight into the lives of the people God had placed in my path, I missed being the blessing He wanted me to be. 


I resolve to keep my eyes and heart open.   I am deciding, right now, to allow inconveniences and interruptions into my life, for God's purposes.  I do want to make a difference in the world.


My prayer for today:  Lord, please take these hands of mine, this mouth, these eyes and ears, feet and arms, and use them for Your good, for Your purpose, and to deliver Your word and works to those whom you place in my life.  Amen!


Blessings,

lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment