Monday, May 7, 2018

Bible Journal - Matthew 5:16

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father.
Matthew 5:16


I really enjoyed my study of this verse.  In my study, I saw many references to the moon and sun.  The moon, especially, because the moon lights up the night sky.

We know that the moon itself, however, does not shine.  The moon gets it's light from the sun, hence it actually reflects the sun's light. As I reflected (no pun intended) on this, I had an aha! moment.  I cannot shine and show God's love to others on my own.  God gives me His light, and I must let it shine through my attitudes, words, and deeds.  Hence, when I do that, I am reflecting Jesus's love, compassion, and forgiveness.  

When I share His love with others, and let His spirit shine through me, God is glorified.  


I am a glorifier!

Lord, You are my light.  Help me to be a beacon of love, truth, hope for you by letting my light shine in a sometimes dark world.

Blessings,
For my Bible Journal page, I used Gansai Tambi watercolors for the picture.  For the actual journaling, I used a Micron .01 pen.

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect for our "Sermon on the Mount" Bible study. I will give you credit for the uplifting words. Jeanie Renner, South Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect for our "Sermon on the Mount" Bible study. I will give you credit for the uplifting words. Jeanie Renner, South Dakota

    ReplyDelete