Tuesday, March 20, 2018

This Path I Walk

"But He knows the way that I take;
when He has tested me,
I will come forth as gold."
                  Job 23:10 

This verse really opened up for me as I studied it for my Art Classes Bible journaling homework this week

There are countless nuggets of wisdom in this chapter, and even in this verse.  I have taken two pages of notes and a brainstorming page map from it.  

Here, I would like to share just one of the lessons I took away from this verse.  

God tests those whom He loves.  He knows every little detail of the path of our lives.  He is aware of our past, where we are now, and where our future path will lead us.  He knows the trials we have endured, and have yet to endure.  He uses those trials to strengthen and guide us; to purify us.   Just as gold is heated in fire to make it pure, we shall come out purified when our trial is over.
   
Job did not walk away from God.  He walked toward God, with an attitude of trust.

I pray, as I walk the path life has for me, that I never lose sight of God.  When the way is difficult, may I know that He is there, walking with me.  And when the trial is over, may my life bring glory and honor to God.  May I be changed profoundly, to be better equipped to be a witness to His grace and mercy.

The Bible journaling page resulting from my study...

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment