Monday, July 2, 2018

The Restorer Of My Joy

"But you, LORD, are a shield around me,
my glory, the One who lifts my head high."
                                                             Psalm 3:3
These 17 words are packed with meaning.  Isn't it interesting that the short verses often have so much 'meat' to them...so much meaning, filled with nuggets of wisdom?! 

I thought of a sunflower when I studied this verse.  The sunflower follows the sun.  It keeps its corolla upright.  It's radiant beauty shines it's brilliance outward.

That's how I want to be.  Keeping my eyes upright, firmly planted on the Lord.  I do not want to stray.  I want to glow with my love for Him, through His love for me.  

When there are storms in my life, I will remember that nothing comes through God's shield around me that He does not allow.  God has a purpose for the trials He allows in my life.  I purpose to trust Him, and sleep content in His glory!

Blessings,

I am adding my page to the World Watercolor Month challenge.

I used Lyra Aquacolors to watercolor my sunflower.  After painting, I outlined with a micron pen.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Linda, amen! What a beautiful Scripture passage and a wonderful application of it. Thank you for sharing it and thank you for sharing your Bible art journaling. I love it and have first-hand knowledge of how amazing the sunflower is. It truly does follow the sun as it moves from east to west. We had some, and it just was so amazing. A precious truth to remember that God filters all that comes to us. Praise God...He is always in control! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete