Friday, July 27, 2018

Bible Journal - Romans 5:5

"And hope does not put us to shame, because 
God's love has been poured out into our hearts 
through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."
                                                                      Romans 5:5

This is my final lesson in the Seeing The Scriptures class by Sandy Allnock.  I have really enjoyed this class.  It has taught me ways to dig deeper into Scripture, to analyze what I am reading, determine what God may be saying to me, and finally to brainstorm and create artwork to express God's revelation visually in my journaling Bible.

If you struggle with Scripture, and want to read more deeply and grasp what God is saying, I highly recommend this course.  You can find all of the details about the class, and be able to sign up for it HERE. 

For this page, I felt the Lord encouraging me.  His Holy Spirit is always with us, guiding, loving, and bringing us hope.  Because of God's love, I have hope in the Lord.  My trials produce perseverance, which, in turn, develops character, and character, hope.   

I chose a chrysalis of a butterfly to illustrate this verse.  It was the image that came to mind in my brainstorming phase of this lesson.  The caterpillar goes through the trial of being in the dark chrysalis, losing it's form, and then, finally, breaks out as a glorious butterfly.  

God's Holy Spirit in us helps us trust Him, and gives us hope.  He is leading us to new life!

For my page, I drew the chrysalis with Polychromos colored pencils, and journaled with a Sakura micron pen.

Thanks so much for visiting.

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment